Questio about new possible devices

Here we'll post general support items and answer your queries.
emilemass

Questio about new possible devices

Post by emilemass »

Hi i see there is a few devices that can be used with alive Pioneer etc.
My question is about the possibility to add new devices?

I like the software but the new device you guys just add I don't find very interesting to buy.

I plan to buy other hardware and wish it worked with alive software any chance?

thanks in advance
Ryan Deluz

Re: Questio about new possible devices

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Hi,

In general it takes a lot of work to adapt to new devices. We are working to adapt our software to a new device that will have heart rate, skin conductance and temperature. Our current selection of devices includes an iFeel Sensor for those just wanting to train with heart rate, its an excellent sensor. Also there is the GP8 Amp, which is very inexpensive for a system that includes heart rate with finger/ecg, temperature, 2 channels of EMG, skin conductance and respiration. The intermediate device, of skin conductance plus heart rate (HRV) is in development and coming soon. There are beta versions. If you want skin conductance + HRV (or that + temp) let me know.

Ryan Deluz
Somatic Vision Inc.
emilemass

Post by emilemass »

the GP8 is seams a good device how ever it is not wireless. and for the price I would expect to more up there. I know you guys made the best biofeedback software on the market it is very impressive the new pioneer. I understand to adapt too many devices can be complicated. but I wish you guys consider devices like Vilistus good wireless cheap device and is possible to use in many other software like Iom from wild divine.

I also like temperature feedback can you guys comment on this new 3 euros sensor for temperature?
the only way to use at moment it is with Arduino there is no software
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ucvsPc6FCg

thanks in advance great work guys
Ryan Deluz

Post by Ryan Deluz »

The vilistus set that includes biofeedback costs $3,270 (without the $599 Alive Pioneer software). In comparison, the GP8 Amp cost is $500, plus $599 for Alive Pioneer. The GP8 Amp seemed/seems to be our best choice in terms of finding a device we could resell and package with our software that was cheap and had all required sensors. Regarding a cheap temperature sensor, $5 for raw components for a temperature sensor is possible (I assume that is without the arduino side...). Eventually, once you include the A to D, plastic mold design, packaging and everything, and then considering Alive is attempting to sell to professionals and wants a highly accurate sensor, it makes more sense to not go for the cheapest possible components. Rather, we choose inexpensive, but professional quality devices. GP8 Amp sales are going well, which is our high range side, so once we add our mid-range GSR/HRV/Temp device I think we will have packages that meet everyone's needs. Of course, there are many people who already own a certain device, and won't want to switch, but the cost of adapting and maintaining compatibility is much higher than the cost purchasing of new hardware. Finally, we already have so many options on SomaticVision.com that it can be confusing, so I think 3 or 4 hardware choices, plus 3 versions of Alive, and all the add-ons, pretty much cover the required bases for most of our end users. I'm sorry if this means switching systems. If you REALLY want Alive to work on a certain hardware, we can discuss the costs of adapting Alive to that hardware, its expensive though.